The Buddy Group is an established award-winning digital engagement agency (7 years old), quirky (we call employees Buddies) and fast growing, well-respected company (more than a dozen iconic brand clients we love working with) located in Irvine, California. We are currently seeking a talented, energetic, and optimistic professional with an annoying attention to detail to fill the role of Sr. Interactive Producer/Project Manager.
The Sr. Producer/Project Manager will manage the internal day-to-day workflow of multiple projects including production, scheduling, budget tracking, and quality assurance. Serving as the key liaison between the Account Director and the production team, the person communicates project requirements to the project team and ensures successful execution and deployment of deliverables. S/he must understand every aspect of the project and be able to juggle multiple projects at the same time. Think – circus performer!
This position requires a minimum of 3 years of interactive advertising project management experience with a high volume of projects. Really. We mean it. So, if the bulk of your experience consists of creating and managing your own blog, this position is not for you. A very strong familiarity with a variety of concepts, practices, and procedures as they relate to project management is essential. You will rely on extensive experience and judgment to plan and accomplish goals, because no one here is going to hold your hand, but we will collaborate with you. Basically, you need to bring it. You will embrace the company culture that fosters teamwork, cooperation and shared success, and you will be a person who is trustworthy, full of personal integrity and grit, and will thrive with minimal supervision.
- Pull relevant information to create project brief based on client contract of deliverables
- Use your project brief to request TBG resources that are appropriate for scope and complexity of project
- Lead creative and development team kick off meetings and status meetings
- Coordinate various entities and work hand-in-hand with the project team, executives, client stakeholders and vendors to ensure project progress
- Troubleshoot site maps and wire frames
- Use keen eye to ensure comps and beta sites are ready for the client, and then use your knowledge of website design and development to manage client expectations within budget parameters
- Create and maintains project schedule and ensure all project milestones are achieved on time and within budget.
- Online/digital advertising industry experience with a solid understanding of web design standards, Flash development, usability, and rich media
- 2+ years retainer client service experience
- Demonstrated experience in developing project documents, including project briefs, schedules, cost estimates, and status reports
- Ability to establish priorities, work independently, and proceed with objectives with minimal supervision or guidance
- Highly organized and detail-oriented with an ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously: this is critical!! You are the gatekeeper, so we count on you to find the issues before the client does! Which leads to:
- Extremely proactive problem solver who anticipates potential project roadblocks and enlists teammates to resolve
- Adaptive communication style to effectively engage with the multiple personalities of creative designers and technical programmers
- Enthusiastic team player who actively supports and motivates team members
- Polished verbal, written, and interpersonal communications skills
- Excellent budget management, communication, and problem-solving skills.
- Desire and ability to learn through observation and self-discovery
- Microsoft Office applications - Word, Excel, PowerPoint, MS Project, Visio
- Proven Proficiency with online terminology and technology
Please email your resume, salary requirements and responses to the questions below if you are interested in becoming a Buddy!
1. What are the three most important characteristics of a successful Interactive Producer/Project Manager?
2. What are you looking for in this role?
3. What types of documents are required for the successful management of an interactive project?